The best thing about this baked risotto is that it’s baked. No standing stirring. Just shove it in the oven – and if you spend a teeny bit extra on the parmesan and prosciutto, I promise you, it is delicious. You’ll never stand, continuously stirring a risotto, again ?
- 1 cup (200g) arborio rice
- 2.5 cups (625 ml) stock (we used vegetable stock, but Donna Hay suggests chicken)
- 1 leek, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp of chopped oregano leaves
- 30g butter
- grated parmesan (as much as you like!)
- salt & pepper
- creamy blue cheese, roughly sliced
- 150g fresh ricotta
- 4 slices of prosciutto
Preheat oven to 190C/375F. Place rice, stock, oregano leaves & butter in a baking dish and cover tightly with a lid or piece of foil. Bake for 40 minutes or until the rice is soft. Stir in the parmesan, salt & pepper and continue to stir for 4-5 mins or until the risotto is creamy and the remaining stock has been absorbed. Divide the risotto between serving plates and top with blue cheese, ricotta, chopped prosciutto and remaining parmesan.